Dr. Paul Fischer
Dr. Paul Fischer has been working as sports lawyer since 2016. In 2017, he completed his doctorate on the autonomy of sports federations. He has in particular acquired broad expertise in advising and representing athletes, sports federations and clubs in proceedings before internal dispute resolution bodies and arbitral tribunals (CAS) as well as before state courts. A further focus of his work is advising national and international sports associations in statutory and contractual matters as well as data protection law. Dr. Paul Fischer lectures on “Dispute Resolution in Sports” at the Munich Center for Dispute Resolution of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
- Since 2020 Lawyer at Lentze Stopper Rechtsanwälte
- 2016 to 2020 Lawyer at Martens Rechtsanwälte
- 2014 to 2016 Trainee lawyer at the Higher Regional Court of the District of Munich with internships at Lentze Stopper Rechtsanwälte, German Football Association (DFB), FC Bayern München AG and Bird & Bird LLP
- 2012 to 2017 Completed his doctorate on the autonomy and the exclusive structure of sports federations
- 2011 to 2014 Research assistant and lecturer at the University of Augsburg
- 2006 to 2011 Studied law at University of Augsburg as scholarship holder of the ‘Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes’ with an internship at Roedl & Partner in Bejing, China