Simon Karlin joined Lentze Stopper in 2014 and has become an integral part of the team. He works – strongly integrated in the respective work processes – especially for the firm’s club clients as well as for agencies, start-ups, coaches and individual athletes. He is a proven expert in all questions concerning player transfers and intermediaries, ticketing and association law. He has also acquired extensive expertise in specialist areas of data protection and trademark law and represents clients before national (DFB) or international sports and arbitration courts (CAS) as well as ordinary courts. Clients appreciate his approach tailored to their individual needs and his “hands-on mentality”.
- Since 2018 data protection officer certified by TÜV
- Since May 2014 Lawyer at Lentze Stopper Rechtsanwälte
- 2012 to 2014 Trainee Lawyer at the Regional Higher Court of Karlsruhe, as well as at the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH and in the corporate law team of a large law firm in Düsseldorf
- 2011 to 2012 Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the Boston University, Massachussetts, focusing on US intellectual property and sports law
- 2004 to 2011 Law Studies (focusing on intellectual property and competition law) at the University of Bayreuth
- 2010 Additional training in economics as a business lawyer at the University of Bayreuth